Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Kingdom

This is a review and a thought in one, so I hope you enjoy it.





The Kingdom is a movie staring Jamie Fox, Jennifer Garner, Chris Cooper and Jason Bateman. I went watch this movie on Friday, I've been waiting a year to see it. Jennifer Garner is my favorite actress and when she got pregnant I didn't know if she would take time off or not, but she began filming this movie shortly after she gave birth. So, like I said I've been waiting to see this since it was announced.

I went to see it on opening day and was very excited not only to see Jennifer G kick butt but also because the trailers looked awesome. I don't know what I thought it was going to be, maybe I thought Muslims blow up Americans and we go in and kick butt. But I left the movie feeling genuinely sad. I can't tell you what happened but in the state of the world we are currently living in the dramatic elements and fights are great but it's really about the last few lines of the script that hit you in the face.

I've been thinking very deeply about this war, the first I have experience and fully understood as an adult, and I HATE it! I've thought about the people whose land we've invaded and those who've died and i wonder what makes us so much better. And in the end of this movie you realize that we think the same things, but justify them differently.

We need to think about what we do, we need to step into other peoples shoes. Christians, instead of commending Muslims reach out and learn about them, they aren't all terrorists and neither are we. Did you know that in the middle east, we, the American (Christians) are the terrorists. Chew on that for a while and see what comes out.

I think this is an excellent movie...it drags a little but in the end if you don't come out of it with new things and view to think about, then you completely missed the point.

No comments: