Saturday, October 21, 2006

Friend of friends

At my worlds end I see you standing to save me
from the fire that is consuming my life,
and your face is alight with joy and promise.
Arms extended and hands open you present
the sense of calm urgency and smile as I begin to
understand your purpose here.
My friend of all friends you are here to walk me
through the scariest of all my fears,
to face them with me so I won't have to be alone.
You are my gift from heaven.
I marvel at the simplest of your ways,
the greatest of your manner and the love of your heart.
You are a blessing in my life and forever I will praise God
for sending you to me to share my life.
I call you friend, love and light.
For you are my light in dark times.

2 comments:

KBugg said...

Wow! This would be amazing for you to say on your wedding day!

jacquie said...

Wow! Beautiful!