Thursday, February 13, 2014

New Shows...reviews and stuff.



 Hi All,
 
   I don't think I've done one of these in a while, but there are so many new shows I'm watching I thought I should just comment on them. I won't go too in depth on the shows, but just give my commentary and thoughts. It'll be quick (I think)...


   REIGN:

The story of Mary, Queen of Scots' time as a teenager in the French Court about to marry the Dauphin. This show is not historically accurate, if that's what your looking for then don't watch this. It is however, intriguing, fun and full of pretty people in pretty clothes. It's a teenage soap opera...would do you expect. It also happens to be my latest obsession!


 Sleeping Hollow:

This is a fun show...very supernatural, very historical (and I think they're trying to be as accurate as possible, but without shoving it down your throat). Although it's already on Hiatus, I cannot wait for next season! Ichabod was brought back to life in the present day to destory the recently awoken horseman (who just happens to be the Angel, or Demon of Death...the first horseman of the apocalypse). Ichabod also discovers that his wife's a witch trapped in a parallel deminsion and in order to set things right and get her back he has to destory the "Head" demon out to bring about the apocalyse. He's also teamed up with an Female Lt. (Sheriff's deputy) who's trying her best to get him aclimated to the present. It's fun and keeps you on the edge of your seat...it'll also have you jumping out of your seat and running to turn the lights back on.


Almost Human:

All I have to say is JJ Abrams...but then there's also Karl Urban. Too men I love, whose work I'll watch. I didn't know about this one, but it's a Bad Robot production so I had to give it a try. I'm enjoying it so much! It's funny...a buddy cop show with a twist. Set in the near future, where technology has grown and is running a muck. This show gives us a glimpse of the possiblities we are only starting to experience in everyday life...the good and the bad of it. Again, it's funny and interesting.
 
 
 
Sherlock:

This one isn't new, but after a 2 year break it might as well be. We finally found out how Sherlock faked his death (not really). Mary Watson is introduced, we met a new villian and see the old gang again. Sherlock, of course, has some great moments. Watson kicks Sherlock's butt and Mycroft is a whiner! Also, we meet Mr. and Mrs. Holmes aka Mikey and Sherley's parents. At only 3 episodes a season it was over before it really started and again left us with a great cliffhanger. I cannot wait til season 4. Side note: Mary Watson is played by Dr. Watson (Martin Freeman)'s real life partner and Sherlock's parents are played by Sherlock(Benedict Cumberbatch)'s parents.
 
 
Betrayal:

This show (also on hiatus) was the one I was most excited about. From all the previews this show was going to be great, but the previews were the only thing great about it. It had so much potential, but just failed to keep me interested. When I finally finished up the season(thanks to my DVR and on Demand) I felt somewhat happy with the way it ended...I mean it was wrapped up nicely (for what it was). They ended up with a tease, but I'd be really surprised if ABC gives it a second season.

 
 
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:

Last, but not least is this gem. Another by a man I'd walk through fire for (well, not really but I'm deeply devoted to his work) Joss Whedon. It's a Marvel show, that hints at Marvel characters and is set in the Marvel universe, but it's its own enitity. I'm enjoying the ride...so far it's been fun and interesting. Also enjoyable are the name drops (of Marvel characters or gags) and the surprise cameos...my favorite so far is Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) yelling at Coulsen for damage done to the "Bus" (airplane). Oh...and yeah COULSEN! He's alive, but because the Avengers don't know it he (and the show) are staying separate...for now.
 
 
So that's it...the new shows I've been watching this season. I'm enjoying them all and hope to continue to enjoy them into the future.
 
Until Next Time!
~m

 


No comments: