Thursday, January 02, 2014

I Think She's Lost It



'I got the total package you know, the curves, the rhythm, and the voice. I'm just the best"

  The above quote is from Miley Cyrus. She did an interview with a magazine called LOVE and in it she said that Beyonce was done and its now her (Miley's) time to be on top. She said that Beyonce has lost her focus and her body since having her child and that now she (Miley) is stepping up to take over....
   Okay, so before I get started let me say this. I'm not writing this post because I'm a huge Beyonce fan and feel like I need to defend her. In truth, I don't really care for Beyonce. I like some of her music and think she is a great entertainer, but I'm not a fan. I'm also not a fan of Miley, but she's just starting to bug the crap out of me. Also, let me say that I understand this is part of her "marketing" campaign/gimmick to keep people talking about her and in writing this post I'm falling right into the trap...oh well, I'm going to write and post this anyway.
    I don't care how much I don't care of an entertainer I will admit when they do something well. Beyonce does what she does well. At this point in time she is probably the best at putting on a non-stop thrill ride of a live show. She does the singing, dancing, costume changes, hair whipping and fan crazing all while wearing 5 inch heels...there's no one, right now, who can come anywhere close to that. Certainly not Miley. Here's the thing about the quote above...she only has no of the things she's claiming she has. That's the voice. Miley Cyrus can sing. If you don't believe me, that's fine. But if you take anyway the bad music and ridiculous lyrics and give her real songs to sing you'll see that she has a lovely powerful, even compelling voice. But she has no curves to speak of and as far as I've seen she ain't got no rhythm either. And that's what makes the quote all the more ridiculous.
    She wants to compare herself to Beyonce and say that she's ready to take the throne from her...but she can't hold a candle to Beyonce. I don't care if Beyonce is on stage with Blue Ivy in her arms she's still going to put on a better show and have more curves and rhythm).
    Before I wrap this up I want to say that earlier this month Beyonce released a surprise album. No one knew it was coming there was no build up, no advertising, no commotion. She just released an album one morning (alone with 17 new videos) and let go do it's thing. As far as I know she still hasn't do any interviews for it. You know what, that album went to Number 1 in a matter of hours worldwide...who else can do that. Not Miley, that's for sure.
    So Miley, please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Beyonce is still on the top of her game baby or no. Her music is still selling, her shows are still slaying and her body is still banging...all you have is a bad haircut. So, just stop....please!

    Until Next Time
    ~m

 


No comments: