Thursday, August 18, 2011

Adventures in House-Sitting

 So I ended my adventure in house and dog sitting and I left that house with a heavy heart...I really wanted to cry as I said goodbye to the precious dog and my new friend Lulu. She looked very sad (as she always did when I had to leave) but instead of leaving for a couple of hours like I had previously, I was leaving for good (or at least a year, which is how long it was since the last time I saw her). I knew that in a short amount of time she'd be reunited with her family and happy...but I was still sad, still a bit heartbroken that I was leaving my pal. Wish I could have brought her home with me...but seeing as my family aren't the best dog people (and that Lulu DID NOT like my brother) I couldn't.


  The last week of house-sitting I had begun to get a bit lonely, missing the comforts of home. I had started to long for the noise and craziness again. I guess I wasn't thinking straight, because after a couple of hours back I was wishing I wasn't here. It was like a war zone in comparsion to the peace of South Pasadena. I just wasn't mentally equipped to handle the 3 adults who like to act like children. There were screaming matches, bitter days and unknown issues (that I chose to stay out of). At one point I looked around me and couldn't really understand why these people would choose to live this way...as soon as I have a stable job and money I'm gone. This isn't the life I want....I want something different...something like what I experienced while house-sitting...peace, quiet and civilised behavior...even if it was from a dog.


  Until Next Time

No comments: