Tuesday, September 08, 2009

CAPTAIN E.O.

So they day Michael Jackson died one of the first things I said was....they better bring back Captain E.O. at Disneyland! I mean, what better way to show the man a tribute...I truly believe that he should be celebrated for his contributions to music, dance and frankly most of our childhoods....whatever happened in his life is between him and God, but we have the opportunity to so our gratitude and respect for his greatness (which was given to him by God).
I was reading on Perez Hilton that Disney is set to announce that Captain E.O. will be brought back to Disneyland in January as a tribute to Mr. Jackson. Of Course, this came on the heels of an outcry from both MJ AND Disney fans asking that it be brought back.

Now as someone who worked a Disney, I know that they won't bring it back without making sure they are restore it (or even make it better) to it's original form. I'm sure they may even enlist the help of the original director Francis Ford Coppola!
I'm very excited and happy to hear this news...I'm glad that Disney has seen fit to bring back this great show (which was an event back in the late 80's) back for a new generation to see it! It may look dated and some may not go see the showings, because of what they "think" of him, but I WILL! I only got to see it once as a kid, but I remember being enthralled by it. It doesn't matter how long I will have to wait in line...I will seen Captain E.O. again in all it's glory and thank God for giving us the brilliance that was Michael Jackson!

No comments: