Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's a beautiful day in the Neighborhood

Over the last few weeks we've had some really cold days here in Southern California, so much so that I thought I'd unintentionally moved up North. But now that the rain has passed and the clouds have gone away we see why people moved to Los Angeles in the first place.
Today was an absolutely beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky, no fog with a slight hint of smog (which is good for LA). The mountains were clear everywhere you looked and there's still a sparkle of snow on some. Depending on where you looked it felt like you were staring at a postcard. It's actually felt like that for a while even when it was raining, once the snow fell, it seems like anytime you looked off in the distance you were staring at a mat painting, breathtaking!
Days like today are why I love where I live! There aren't too many places in this world where you can see the clear blue ocean one direction and the snow-capped mountains in the other. Because I work in a high rise I can. On one side of the building there's the ocean on the other the mountains. It's the beautiful of Los Angeles...
Also, it's not hot, but not cold...just a bit chilly (during the day at night still freezing), so you can wear those pretty winter scarves but you don't have to be completely covered up. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, I'm glad I'm here to see it!

No comments: