Thursday, February 28, 2008

Revelation

Small wonders open into large spaces,
I can't find my way out of the maze that guards my heart from peace.

Wishing upon wish that this phrase will end, only to find that I've begun it all over again.

I'm lost, I've lost myself and hidden away every part of me, so that I won't be hurt. But there's no one here to hurt me.

Locked away, locked away, locked away with only myself to blame, the pain inflicted by me.

I can't fight the sorrow I plan out in my heart for myself. I can't heal when the wound created was made by my own hand.

I would let you in, but I'm ashamed of what you'd think once you see what I've done to myself.

To love and be loved, held in gentle arms is a dream...but I would rather dwell in that dream then live in my reality.

No comments: