Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Real Terrorists

My cousin has two sheets of stickers that say "Bush Is A _______" hanging on her wall. She let other people fill in some of the blanks. One of them says "Bush Is A Terrorist", my dad has been saying that the news and newscasters are the terrorists and I just read a profile on myspace that stated that the original settlers of this country were terrorists. So it got me to wonder...who are the real terrorists? And do we see people that way because of the circumstances we're in and finally are we the terrorists!?
We look around this world and see acts of violence and religious radicalness (is that a word?) and we are told that's these are acts of terrorism, yet we wouldn't know about them if the news shows weren't glorifying them at the top of every hour. And the truth is, can't we as Americans be called terrorists for going in and destroying another country without true just cause? Isn't George W., as our president, then the leader of a terrorist nation? Most Americans would hate me for asking these questions, but I'm trying to get at the truth.We say that the men and women who attack innocents are evil people...yet we are involved in a war, in a country that had nothing to do with the attack on us. In fact, the international community doesn't even back us up on this war and yet we see ourselves as superior...if a country had come into ours with bombs and hostelly taken over our government, we would definitely call them terrorists. Not saying that Hussein was a kind gentle leader who had done nothing wrong...but what had he done to us directly? I believe that our George had in mind to go after him no matter what happened, in other words, I believe that even if 911 hadn't have happened we would have eventually found ourselves in his war.
So then I guess I can stand by and say that he is a terrorist and because of his actions we are all, unwillingly, terrorists too. We have been asked to standby and blindly accept this plan and now that we are stuck the plan is being changed, but the truth of the matter is...we did what the bombers do, but we did it on a bigger scale and with a big fat lie. I don't except anyone to agree with me, but I don't think it's right....I don't think any hate-filled act of violence is acceptable. And at this time I'm disgusted by the man we have in power and what he has turned me into. Because the truth is as I sit here as a citizen of America I have unwillingly been turned into a terrorist.

4 comments:

jacquie said...

You are not a terrorist (as far as I know;) any more than every person living in Germany in the 40's was a Nazi, or every early american settler was an Indian killer or a slave trader. Every man (woman) answers for his own heart and deeds. Although I don't agree with all of your assertions re: our leader and the reasons and the tactics, etc, it's issues like these that have taught me to pledge my allegiance first to MY KING an HIS KINGDOM, second to MY CALLING IN HIS KINGDOM, and my allegiance to my country falls somewhere behind those.

jacquie said...

I would write on your cousin's sticker ..."a human being created and loved passionately by God, whose sins and failings Christ came, suffered and paid the price fully for. Just like me!"

KBugg said...

Amen JacRabbit. Well said.
I hate politics.

red shoes said...

Millions of people believed Bush is a terrorist, just come Asia or wherever your president has come over and helped ravaged the country.