Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Movie Review

mo
Every so often you may see a movie review pop up on this blog. I promise to only do it with movies that I really enjoy and think that you may really enjoy...so I won't tell you guys to run out and rent (or buy) the newest American Pie movie...trust me I won't be watching it. So anyway, here's my first review....



The Family Stone


This is a great family film...well it's a film about a family. I discovered this movie in the early summer, but it's centered around Christmas. The eldest son of the Stone Family comes home for Christmas and brings his uptight overachieving girlfriend to meet his family. The family is an ecklitic mix of sisters and brothers and two loving parents. Basically the girlfriend doesn't fit in this laidback household and finds herself on the outs at every turn. It's fun and funning and I think that you would enjoy it.
I enjoy this move, not really for the main story, but for the underlying one...there's a story focused purely on the family and how each child deals with it is great and sad. Diane Keaton is FANTASTIC, Craig T. Nelson, Dermott Mulroney and Luke Wilson are great...Sarah Jessica Parker is so good, you might just think that she's really uptight. Watch for little things and just the way this family interacts and really loves each other and each others quirks. I give The Family Stone a round of applause.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: