Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cuss Away




   I've never liked the sound of cussing...it's always rubbed me the wrong way. Although I don't cuss a lot (I go through periods when I cuss more than usual), I know I need to stop altogether. Now, don't get me wrong sometimes, on rare occasions, there isn't any other way to convey your emotion. I get that. And some people just like to cuss for whatever reason, but I'm not that person. For me its a vice and something I don't believe I should do...in a any I feel like it's just one more little useless thing that's keeping me from being who God wants me to be.
   So I've decided to stop, cold turkey (although I've technically already messed up). I'm going to start controlling my mouth and the words that come out of it. Our mouths are a direct link to our brains which our a direct link to our hearts and I don't want my heart to be full of cuss words. I want my heart to be too full of other positive things, so much so that a cuss word couldn't even find a place to stand, let alone sit and stay awhile.
   Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to sound judgemental or sensitive about it. I don't control others, nor am I trying to or wishing to. Only myself...I'm not going to get offended by cussin or foul language, I just know that for me it's not something I want to partake in.
   Alright...I just had to get that off my mind...on to other things now. Like...finding a snack.

   Until Next Time,
  
   ~m
  

No comments: