Friday, March 11, 2011

The Simply Things in Life

 When you don't have a place to go everyday. There's no reason to get up and get going at a reasonable time. Sometimes there's no reason to get up at all. I've been out of work for two months and I've found myself lounging for the last couple of weeks. Completely unmotivated and completely lazy. I've tried to get myself pumped to look for a job, to submit my resume and pound the pavement. I always go back to just laying around.
  But with all that said, I've found myself grasping at the small happy things that come my way on a daily basis. Like right now, one of my favorite celebs is doing a twitter chat...I'm too shy to tweet something but I'm thoroughly enjoying reading the answers to other peoples questions. Yesterday, I hung out with a couple of friends and that was a wonderful time.
  I know this may all sound stupid, but these things are making me smile. These things and catching up on past episodes of Army Wives via the Internet. I'm not really concerned with money right now, because God has provided for the essentials I need to pay for without having to burden my family. But I know that I'm going to have to get off my butt and go find some work.
  I believe it in my heart that God's got everything set for me, just waiting on his perfect timing to make it all fit. Until then, I'll just keep fighting against laziness and hopefully I'll win a round or two.
  Until Next Time...

2 comments:

notes from the music box steps said...

don't i get this... but girl, the more recent doomsday stuff is a little dark. find your light cuz the good is out there finding ways to shine through. xoxo

Melanie said...

Thanks...last week was a hard week and it came out in my writing...I'm starting to come out of that.