Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I make lists!!!!

One of my co-workers just asked me if I have short term memory lost, because I asked her to make me a list of items we will need to set up a big meeting in our office tomorrow. The list is small (only about 4 items) but I have to go to three different places to collect the items in question, and I have to do that by 4:30 while also doing my regular duties around the office...and anything else that might pop up.

She's been here almost three years, so she knows how all this works. I've been here a few months and I'm learning as I go along. So I may not know (or in this case) have ever seen the items she's requesting. So, I have to find them, because she won't. I have to make sure we have all the stuff because it's my resonsibility, but I can't just let my other tasks go undone to suit he needs at this exact moment.

It's very frustrating to me to that people just think that you're stupid because you ask for their help in the slightest of ways. I don't think it's dumb....I make lists every single day, to make sure I do what I need to do and get everything done in a timely fashion. So when I ask for a list it's not because I have short term memory lost it's because I want to make sure I'm getting the job done right.

Also, this particular co-worker likes to add on, so 20 minutes ago I only need to get these platters, now I have to get food warmers, chill wine and beer and get the wine glasses ready and that's only the prep tomorrow will be more intense with more changes, adjustments and lists, I'm sure!



No comments: