Wednesday, August 22, 2007

House Sitting

It's a curious thing when someone asks you to watch their home while they are away.
Curious, because the person/people trust you enough to know that you will protect and care for the belongings and property they have.

In the last week and a half, I have been asked to house sit for two separate sets of friends. In fact, I am currently typing this from the spare bedroom at Paul and Amber's house. And last week I was at Brooke and Sam's house, just chillin (with the dog).

When I was younger I house sat so that I could get away from the craziness of my own home, to have some time alone to think for myself and try to find myself in whatever I was interested in. Now, that I'm older, it's relaxing, but I see the true value in it. That my friends trust me enough to care for what's theirs. Cars, plants, dogs, homes it's amazing. Truly!!! But now that I've realized all this, I'm nervous that I might mess it all up. Damn!

No comments: